Had to file a claim with Nationwide Insurance after my car was stolen and severely damaged on the inside.My tools, personal belongings and my girlfriends purse were also stolen.

Her credit and debit cards were used all around town. The claims service refused to cover most of the stolen property saying that they have many clauses that don't cover stolen property. My girlfriends belongings were not covered because we don't live together and they tried getting out of paying for my stolen tools. They tried saying that my tools are used for work even though I am unemployed.

After a fight with customer service and the agent who sold me the insurance, I got my tools covered. Then they sent an insurance investigator after me. I have a clean record, no criminal offenses, current on all my bills, never filed an insurance claim ever and yet they send an investigator.

Just ridiculous.

Review about: Nationwide Insurance Claim.

Had an Experience with Nationwide Insurance?

Comments

BEING IN THE INSURANCE INDUSTRY FOR OVER 40 YEARS, I HAVE TO COMMENT ON THIS.AUTO INS COVERS THEFT OF ITEMS ATTACHED TO THE VEHICLE, SUCH AS RADIOS, CD PLAYERS, ETC.

OTHER ITEMS STOLEN SUCH AS PURSES, CAMERAS, ETC., ARE COVERED UNDER HOMEOWNER POLICIES SUBJECT TO THE DEDUCTIBLE.IF YOU DON'T HAVE A HOMEOWNER OR TENANT HOMEOWNER POLICY, YOU'RE OUT OF LUCK.

EVERYONE WITH A BRAIN knows that an insurance company isn't just going to cover every single thing you say was in your car!That's *** to think they even would.

I would say that I don't believe you with that entire list of things that were stolen. Something was probably exaggerated such as how much cash was in your girlfriends purse... how much your tools were worth... etc.

People are generally bad and think that insurance companies will pay whatever because there's no way to prove it wasn't there. I'm not ***. I've known since I was sixteen that only certain things are covered inside your car. For instance if you put rims on your car that are worth $4k they are not insuring you for the $4k because they don't know they are worth $4k and therefore aren't charging you premium based on that additional expense.

The same thing goes with stereo's, tools, "cash", cards, etc. At what point does auto insurance cover identity theft? DUH! There's separate insurance for that.

Just because it was in your car doesn't mean they will just pull out their paycheck and write an amount for whatever you desire. And not only that if it's true fraud your aren't liable for any more than $50 on each card... Checks are another story... you are stuck with up to $500 in loss on each of those...

take a basic law course and you would know this... why don't you take an insurance course while you are at it? Oh better yet...

WHY DON'T YOU READ THE DOCUMENTS...

Irish, where in that statement does it say that he left his car unlocked?This person did state that the car was STOLEN!!!

not to mention that it was severely damaged on the inside, so it would indeed be covered.Are you young enough to drive?

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #157724

So you did not lock up and you expect them to pay, even if you did lock up it was not their fault. Are you even old enough to drive.