Nationwide Insurance Co./CCC Valuescope

161 of 167 Nationwide Insurance reviews

Nationwide Mutual Ins. Co.

Allied Insurance

Nationwide Agribusiness

Titan Insurance

Victoria Insurance

To anyone with Nationwide Insurance:

Beware when filing a claim with Nationwide or affiliates listed above. They use a computer based program to evaluate your automobile's value. That program is called CCC Valuescope. Nationwide is not on your side and they will definately take your ride.I would not encourage anyone to do business with NATIONWIDE INSURANCE COMPANIES. I have been a victim of their bad faith practices and had to repair my own vehicle, which they said was a total loss. Read link below:

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
161 of 167 Nationwide Insurance reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Kel

Apr 17 #1145857 Saint Louis, Missouri, United States

Had my issues with Nationwide too. Loyal customer fir over 10 years. Yes had very good rates until first claim. They paid an uninsured motorist a $1000.00 for a car not even valued a $1000.00 while the adjuster never looked at my car. I changed insurance companies and they still charged me with the next months premium, telling me to provide written proof, which is still unresolved in credut report.

fburg

Jan 20, 2012 #413195

CCC's whole pitch to insurers is that they can save the insurance companies money because their (CCC's) valuations are more accurate because CCC has such great databases of information. What they're really selling is intentionally biased low valuations. So, Nationwide is quick to declare the car a total loss, then use the CCC report as their excuse for paying lower amounts. It's institutionalized fraud and shouldn't be legal. Nationwide just delays as much as possible and will keep changing their explanations hoping to wear you down until you settle. Save time and stress. Get a lawyer immediately if you're dealing with them. I'm 7 months into it but I'm not taking their pathetic offer. :(

ovid jurid

Dec 07, 2010 #219685

they burned my family alive ,evil doers will not succeed forever ,they mutilated our policy after the accident changing important information in order to reduce coverage charging that they have been provided false information ,even though they are required by law to double check that information from two different independent sources ,history will not be on there side.

Dan C

May 24, 2010 #146703

Most insurance companies use CCC products. The consumer is "Not in Good Hands" and "Not like a Good Neighbor". They will use their reports to delay and deny to pay for the actual cash value. Everyone thinks they have good insurance until they need it.

Forrest

Jan 27, 2010 #108632

Their value scope printouts are full of usless facts to throw you off what they are doing. They are designed to mislead you with a preponderance of official sounding BS. My son a few years ago and now my wife are finding their values aproximately $2,000 below any reasonable comps in the area. It apears that they take only the lowest comps that they can find and exclude others. They rate your cars condition low and they deduct 2,000 from the price of any comparables to get a 'take' as opposed to an asking price. This automatic deduction asumes every 'for sale by owner' or other car is in show room condition and that everyone is asking 2,000 more than they will take. They assume those with the lowest prices are willing to take another 2,000 off to make the sale. Perhaps those asking the higher amounts (the ones they don't use in their evaluations) will come off the price some but to automatically take 2,000 off the most discounted prices that they can find and say it is fair to assume the price will be 2,000 lower than that is outrageous. Yes, you can argue, prestnt your comps and the like. They will move a hundred or so but they will still give you much less than it will cost for an equal replacement and cost you a lot of time. This bad faith should not just be civil penalty for those few that can persue it. It should be criminal and gone after by the government. The fact that they can get by with it shows the levels of coruption that we are slipping into in this... Show more

thefairlaneman@yahoo.com

Nov 17, 2009 #87517

Nationwide is the hardest company to deal with I have encountered. sons car was totaled by a nationwide driver and they wont even return our calls about a claim. avoid them and if you have an accident with a Nationwide policy holder you best call a lawyer,

jahem1960@gmail.com

Nov 16, 2009 #87243

Finally received a check from Nationwide to cover all expenses for the repair of my car on Nov.12,2009. I hope I never have to file another claim against a Nationwide insured driver! What a freaking NIGHTMARE!

Apr 17 #1145860

I am surprised, in my case they took care of an uninsured motorist and left me, the policy holder, high and dry..

Rob T. Pennsylvania

Nov 12, 2009 #86154

My wife and kids are also victims of Nationwide's BAD FAITH and would like to join others around the country to start a class action suit against them. If anyone has similar bad faith experiences with Nationwide Car Insurance please email me at:

robbby2185@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Regards

Rob T.
Pennsylvania

Nov 09, 2009 #85310

Today makes 14 days since I sent Erica Ronemous the information she said that was needed to update my auto evaluation. She has yet to contact me with the new figures. Nationwide Insurance reps are the most unprofessional people I have ever dealt with in my life. I will be contacting the SC Department of Insurance by tomorrow at the latest.

Oct 26, 2009 #81883

Allied Insurance Senior Materials Representative Erica L. Ronemous emailed me after failing to reach me by phone. Below I have pasted her response after contacting SCDOI:

Hi James,
I am trying to update your settlement figures, could you please respond and let me know what missed options need to be added to your CCC value, also could you fax a copy of your tow/storage bill so I can reimburse you for that. My fax number is 866-914-6571, or you can include as an attachment in this email, I have tried to call you a couple times but you do not have an answering machine.

Thanks

Erica L. Ronemous
Senior Material Damage Claim Representative
1100 Locust St.
Des Moines, IA 50391
Phone-515-508-5030
877-413-9285 x5030
ronemoe@nationwide.com

She did send me compensation for the tow expense. I faxed her the information she asked for but have yet to her a response from her. I don't think she is gonna like my next step!

Oct 05, 2009 #76849

Received a call from the SC Dept. of Insurance. They are sending information to me so I can take Nationwide to arbitration court. I am in the process of sending copies of the CCC evaluation so they may look and see if it was conducted within good faith. I am also sending copies of the vin searches that I obtained on each vehicle used in that evaluation. I hope they see the same descrepancies that I found. :grin

Sep 24, 2009 #74713

Have filed a complaint with South Carolina Department of Insurance. Still have not had any luck with Nationwide. If Steven Sean Smith needs someone to get a hold of him, he needs to leave a valid phone number. :(

Steven Sean Smith

Sep 13, 2009 #72225

Somebody get a hold of me!! 515-451-2267! :cry

komalley9

Sep 04, 2009 #70563

CCC Valuescope already settled at least 1 class action due to their sheisty tactics. Most insurance companies use them because they market their product to them as being able to save them money on settlements. I just went through a fiasco with Hartford who also uses CCC. I am hoping for another class action against them - what they do just should not be legal. :(

slong329

Sep 01, 2009 #69757 Erode, Tamil Nadu, India

All insurance companies use automated, or online services to valuate your vehicle. That does not mean they are not accurate. HOWEVER, they are iin business to keep their money. If you do not agree, and can prove their information is incorrect - REFUTE IT! Did you get multiple responses (estimates / quotes) from new car dealers - hopefully, the same make as your own vehicle? As an aside, Nationwide was sued in a class actin suit about 5+/- years ago, regarding undervaluing a totalled vehicle. They agreed to settle, and many people were sent additional checks.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.