Insurance Plans Acceptance

My son was rear ended on 11/26/16 in my Mercedes S550.The impact was so bad that it totaled the car that hit mine.I called nationwide and they took responsibility for the accident and said they would send an adjuster .Well 10 days later one shows up and gives me an estimate on the body damage but not the suspension problems.Tim Malone from nationwide instructed me to have the car tow to the local Mercedes dealer to have it checked.I did so and about a week later the Benz dealer informed me that it will cost about $13000 parts and labor to fix my car.Tim Malone then called me and offered $2400 for the repairs...Really????I asked the guys at Mercedes if they could fix this car for $2400 and thy said absolutely not.Nationwide totally disregarded the Mercedes expert opinion and made up there own cheep estimate .I have sub frame damage and this is a huge safety issue.Nationwide wants to use sub standard parts and not fix whats wrong with my car.Its been almost a month ,Nationwide hasn't paid for a rental car towing or anything and thinks it cute to try stall tactics so you will take what ever they offer.This is bad faith!!

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $15000. corykessen is overall dissatisfied with Nationwide Insurance. The most disappointing about nationwide insurance auto claim at Nationwide Insurance was rude adjuster tim malone trying to ripe me off Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Nationwide Insurance.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Insurance category for more informed decision or compare Nationwide Insurance to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Nationwide Insurance?

Comments

Why aren't you filing through your own carrier that's contracted to defend you?The at-fault party's company is contracted with their insured, not you.

They can stick to their estimate all day long. Their estimate will include used and after market parts. They will not accept liability for anything that absolutely cannot be directly related to the accident.

They do not want to pay the exorbitant labor charges ( usually over $100 per hour) that a Mercedes dealership will charge.

They only want to pay the same charges they would pay one of their contracted repairers.

They will continue to fight you.Just turn it over to your carrier.