Had a house fire July 4 of 2011 accidentally started by a pet.After all is said and done as far as our house goes we find out we are being dropped.

When we asked why the original reason given was because of the amount of personal property in the house and our pets. We were also told that in order to be even remotely insurable that we would have to get rid of our pets. After looking into the issue further by making numerous calls I was then told we were being dropped because we have large dogs in the house that were not contained. We then called Nationwide to inform that we would be getting rid of our dogs by having them put to sleep, they still decline to insure us any longer.

We continued to look into the issue further by making even more calls. We were then contacted by our local claims representative who then informed us that he would find out why we were actually being dropped. A few days passed before we received a call from this claims rep. We were told that the local underwriter had decided we no longer insurance worthy because of a coffee grinder left on our gas range which is what caught fire when one of our pets accidentally bumped a burner and somehow managed to ignite it.

However plausible of a reason this may be for dropping us we still don't believe it. We also just found out that our insurance broker is dropping us as well. The truly unfortunate part is that until this happened we never filed a claim. What we are having difficulty in understanding is why we are being lied to.

It would be different if Nationwide would just come right out and tell us the real reason for dropping us instead of giving us the run around.

The one thing that my family and I have decided to do is tell everyone we know and then some about our experience with Nationwide.We are also seeking legal advice since were are as of this point still unable to obtain insurance for our home.

Review about: Nationwide Insurance Homeowners Insurance.

Had an Experience with Nationwide Insurance?

Comments