3.5
Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

In October I changed auto insurance to Nationwide, four cars but told them that one car (Ford Taurus) would be deleted by end of month, which it was.My November 2 statement did not include the Taurus.

The rates listed for the other three cars were as quoted. On a statement November 16, two weeks later, not only did the Taurus re-appear but the rates of the other three cars had increased! When I called to question the problem the first rep kept telling me that because I removed the Taurus the other rates went up! Then she said "when you make a change to your policy the rates change" and "removing the Taurus is a change to your policy".

The woman obviously didn't know what she was saying so I requested to talk to her supervisor. This woman wasn't much help, telling me that since there was some question regarding my daughters student discount (which was resolved) they had to add the Taurus back on to the policy to adjust the rates. When I tried to point out to her that you can't just arbitrarily add a vehicle that was removed a month ago she accused me of being "rude". So I asked to speak to her supervisor - apparently a customer advocate.

He wasn't much help, again repeating what the previous rep had said about the Taurus being relisted because of the issue with the student discount.

When I tried to point out that they were two completely separate issues and the student discount should only apply to the three remaining cars he gave some argument about how they were related but that he would open a claim and would investigate why the Taurus was relisted.At this point my rates have increased by 6 percent and their explanation is that I deleted a vehicle from my policy.

This reviewer shared experience about pricing issue and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $960. The author is overall dissatisfied with Nationwide Insurance. The most disappointing about nationwide insurance rate change from Nationwide Insurance was customer service , but reviewer liked being covered but not the increase. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Nationwide Insurance.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Insurance category for more informed decision or compare Nationwide Insurance to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Nationwide Insurance?

Comments

Anybody having issues with Nationwide should contact your state commerce and insurance boards and request to have them investigated for fraud. It is your right to do so. Do not stay with these people longer than you have too.

Ambridge, Pennsylvania, United States #1247504

Nationwide is on their side not yours, Actually read your policy.When I told my agent years ago I read my commercial policy and you guys do not cover much.

His reply,"We are trying to cut down on our losses" Now I found out he lied about my life insurance as well. Quit smoking 16 years ago and wanted to change it to non tobacco.

The losers told me I do not have that kind of life insurance policy.They will lie out their butts to take your money and not cover anything.