Nationwide Insurance - Branching Out!

On July 6th during a rain storm, 2 limbs fell on my new car from a neighbors tree.The neighbor told us his Home Owners Insurance will take care of it, to this day we haven't heard a word from the neighbor, so when I approached him, he yelled and said some dirty words and said his insurance wasn't going to do anything, to file against my home owners, to leave him alone.

My insurance said it is his responsibility, because the tree is in his yard. The damage to car is $3000.00. The neighbor has been driving a new pick-up, and my car is damaged. My insurance has tried numerous times to contact his insurance, but his insurance will not talk to them with him having the neighbors policy number.

This is so unfair, when another insurance company can't talk to another insurance concerning a claim.So here we sit, while he enjoys his new truck!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

Reason of review:
Will not communicate with us!
Preferred solution:
Fix My Car!
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Insurance Homeowners Insurance
Review category
review #885678

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Nationwide Insurance? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 2 No 2
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 01 #1193445 Pretoria, Gauteng

How is this your neighbor's fault? Did they cause the storm that knocked the tree down? Or did they force you to park your new truck under a large tree during a storm? Didn't think so!!

4 0 Reply

Jul 28 #1191710

Seriously bud, YOUR insurance company is the problem.

3 0 Reply

Jul 24 #1189416

Unless the neighbor actually cut the tree down on top of your vehicle or the tree was dead and you previously asked them to take care of the tree, they are absolutely NOT responsible for the damage to your vehicle.
I have been in the business over 25 years. A tree that falls on a vehicle due to wind/storm/rain is 100 percent covered under the comprehensive coverage of the owner of the vehicle's automobile policy. It has zero to do with either of your homeowners policies. The ONLY way your neighbor's homeowners policy would be involved is if you could prove your neighbor was negligent. The tree looks alive and if they didn't cut it or push it on your vehicle, file a claim on your auto policy. Period.
Whomever you spoke to at your company should have explained this to you or they need to find a new job.
This appears to be a very simple comprehensive claim.

5 0 Reply

Jul 21 #1188217 Manheim, Pennsylvania

I'm an Insurance Adjuster in Pennsylvania. Look up HRWAdjusting in Ephrata PA. I may be able to help you or at least point you in the right direction

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Nationwide Insurance. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Nationwide Insurance.
Filing a new complaint about