Ladson, South Carolina
Featured 100% full Not resolved
Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

On July 6th during a rain storm, 2 limbs fell on my new car from a neighbors tree.The neighbor told us his Home Owners Insurance will take care of it, to this day we haven't heard a word from the neighbor, so when I approached him, he yelled and said some dirty words and said his insurance wasn't going to do anything, to file against my home owners, to leave him alone.

My insurance said it is his responsibility, because the tree is in his yard. The damage to car is $3000.00. The neighbor has been driving a new pick-up, and my car is damaged. My insurance has tried numerous times to contact his insurance, but his insurance will not talk to them with him having the neighbors policy number.

This is so unfair, when another insurance company can't talk to another insurance concerning a claim.So here we sit, while he enjoys his new truck!

Review about: Nationwide Insurance Customer Care.

Reason of review: Will not communicate with us!.

Preferred solution: Fix My Car!.

Had an Experience with Nationwide Insurance?

Comments

I am not aware of the exact laws of your state, but generally damage such as this caused by a storm is generally does not create a liability for the owner of the tree if the tree was live and healthy prior to the storm.If the tree was dead or had broken or dead limbs, prior to the storm it would be different.

Also the owner of the car had the choice to not park under the tree and probably had the right to trim the tree extending over the property line.Sometimes, when the loss first happens the owner of the tree thinks they are liable before they are informed by their insurance of no coverage and don't know how to respond afterwards!

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa #1193445

How is this your neighbor's fault?Did they cause the storm that knocked the tree down?

Or did they force you to park your new truck under a large tree during a storm?Didn't think so!!

#1191710

Seriously bud, YOUR insurance company is the problem.

Unless the neighbor actually cut the tree down on top of your vehicle or the tree was dead and you previously asked them to take care of the tree, they are absolutely NOT responsible for the damage to your vehicle.

I have been in the business over 25 years.

A tree that falls on a vehicle due to wind/storm/rain is 100 percent covered under the comprehensive coverage of the owner of the vehicle's automobile policy. It has zero to do with either of your homeowners policies. The ONLY way your neighbor's homeowners policy would be involved is if you could prove your neighbor was negligent. The tree looks alive and if they didn't cut it or push it on your vehicle, file a claim on your auto policy.

Period.

Whomever you spoke to at your company should have explained this to you or they need to find a new job.

This appears to be a very simple comprehensive claim.

HRW
Manheim, Pennsylvania, United States #1188217

I'm an Insurance Adjuster in Pennsylvania. Look up HRWAdjusting in Ephrata PA. I may be able to help you or at least point you in the right direction