Nationwide Insurance - Agent had son lie about accident

This agent's son backed into my vehicle at a traffic light causing $5600 in damage.The son said he was in a hurry, gave me his information and left without taking mine.

I called my agent immediately. They contacted Nationwide and the son. The father, Michael Bazzone, returned their call saying I rear-ended the son and left without giving him my information. No witnesses stayed after the light turned green.

This agent turned his son's correct response into a lie to protect his own insurance claim. The Nationwide agents I spoke to regarding the claim were sympathetic to me and believed me but said they have to go with what their customer says. I am appalled that this man, an insurance agent, would have his son falsify this claim.

I asked him twice to tell the truth but never heard from him.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 3 Yes 3 1 No 1
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Mar 12 #1126384

This serve as a lesson to all drivers like us. Now a days people have been installing dashboard cameras on their vehicles to provide a reliable material evidence to investigators to determine who is at fault and who is responsible. In an event of a collision it is very important to call the police so that a police report can be documented provide with the dashboard camera video as a reference. The video won't lie.

0 0 Reply
School of Hard Knocks

Mar 06, 2013 #619040 Denver, Colorado

It sucks when the other party changes their tune. The lesson here is to always get statements from witnesses, exchange all information and take the time necessary to document. Even a photo of the other driver in the parking space would help. Unfortunately in this case it is your word against his and when there is doubt, claims get denied.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.