BAD FAITH EXPERIENCES WITH NATIONWIDE INSURANCE??!!

Nov 12, 2009
review #161779

Please email me your experience and contact information if you also have recent (or up to 3 years ago if not already filed) bad faith experience with Nationwide Insurance. I am organizing a massive class action suit against them for .. BASICALLY FRAUD!! Its funny how if we try and scam an INSURANCE CO out of money its called INSURANCE FRAUD.. yet if THEY SCAM US.. THE CONSUMER..its 'Bad Faith'!! What a CROCK!!

Send your bad faith / bad and ongoing case claims experiences and your contact info to me (cases not yet signed off on of course) to:

robbby2185@yahoo.com

Many thanks

Rob T.

Pennsylvania

654ea94
2.5
Had an experience with Nationwide Insurance?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA
bullit0288

Nov 07, 2013

Hey I'm having a real bad time with nationwide right now. My back was broken in a rear end accident. The guy who hit me had very litttle insurance. Nationwide my insurance is paying for his lawyers so as not have to pay the different. They treated me like a criminal in depositions.

victim in south carolina

Sep 06, 2012

I was hit from behind while stopped at a light by a woman who never looked up from her cell phone. This was five and a half years ago and I sustained herniated discs in my neck and back. I have had two neck sugeries so far, take multiple medications daily, have chronic pain, have lost my job, and received nothing from Nationwide on my 1.3 million dollar UIM policy. My economic losses have been calculated to be over 3 million lifetime. Their attorney told me at mediation, after offering $25,000 that I had "soft tissue injury and never should have had surgery", and would never get a dime from a jury in South Carolina. I am a physician and have practiced pain management for over 20 years here, and the treating physicians are colleagues, friends and respected doctors who are willing to testify that they have never seen anything like the way I have been treated by Nationwide or Mass Mutual, who has also refused to pay my own-occupation private disability policy with partial disability rider under the terms of the policy. I plan on suing both for bad faith.

Chad

Sep 15, 2011

I am being harassed by Nationwide on vandalism claim at my home. They refuse to pay to fix the damages and this has been going on for over two years.

CnsumerAdvocate1

Feb 24, 2011

Because every bad deed deserves exposure so the consumer can make an informed decision .

Cnsumeradvocate1@aol.com

From the Legal Case Files:

Drivers Sue Insurer, Claim Fraud
by Jane Hadley, P-I Reporter

March 19 1999

An auto insurance company secretly collected money from an uninsured woman while refusing to pay the insured man she hit, a lawsuit filed in King County Superior Court alleges.

The company allegedly told the woman, who was living “paycheck to paycheck,” that if she didn’t make monthly payments, her license would be taken away.

Both the woman, Lisa Hall, 29, of Tacoma and the man, Jeff Barreca, 47, a Seattle accountant, are suing Nationwide Insurance.

Nationwide’s handling of Barreca’s accident claim was both shocking and illegal, said Denis Stearns, Barreca’s attorney.

Stearns hopes to have the lawsuit certified as a class action, which would allow him to sue on behalf of others around the country who have been treated the same way.

A spokesman at Nationwide headquarters in Columbus, Ohio, declined comment, as did the Washington Insurance Commissioner’s Office.

According to court documents, in October 1996, Hall ran a red light and plowed into Barreca’s truck at the intersection of Fifth Avenue and Union Street in Seattle. His truck was destroyed, and he suffered neck and back

scott Martin

Dec 16, 2010

This all started when i canceled a motorcycle policy with nationwide and was told it was canceled but i really was not. after a refund check and one over the phone payment and a check sent in things spiraled out of control and as of yesterday 12/14/2010 i found out i have not had Auto insurance. the way i found out was by calling nationwide and reporting damage to my car done by a tow truck company where my car fell off of there tow truck while being towed and thats when they told me i didn't have insurance through them.
I assured Nationwide that i never got a letter of cancelation and they told me the last payment i sent in they put that towards a past due balance of my motorcycle insurance that a canceled a month prior to that and that it was there mistake. and they also had a incorrect house number in there system and that may have been why i never received notice of cancelation. after spending all the phone with nationwide(12/15/10) and having two underwriters in the company review my claim to re instate my policy and having confirm that they make a couple billing mistakes they said regardless its been more then a month since iv had active insurance so they would have to re write my policy from scratch and since i haven't had insurance in the last month my monthly premium would go into a high risk category and i would pay more then 3 times my monthly premium even though this whole thing started with there mistake.
Me and my family have had insurance

takesix

Oct 26, 2010

The Agent did not want to comply with the Nationwide Code of Etics which was rule number Rule #7 Comply: At all times with the letter of intent of the law and insurance regulations.

takesix

Oct 26, 2010

I am filing a complaint about Nationwide Insurance Company through the Department of Insurance regarding issues revolving around this matter and the actions of a Nationwide Insurance agent/agency. The agent took funds that were supposed to be applied to new auto insurance policies during the period of October 2005-May 3, 2007, and did not apply those funds to any auto insurance policy, but kept the same. In May 2007, auto insurance policies were finally written, but none of the previous funds were applied once the policies were written. Only with money paid after May 2007 was used on these insurance policies. It is estimated that about $4,000-$5,000 was kept by this agency and not applied at any time.

The insurance policies issued by the Nationwide Agent in May 2007 covered Cadillac Eldorado and a Mazda B2200 Pick-up truck and the latter vehicle being in my trust.

Prior to October 2005, the insurance was with another agent/agency State Farm insurance and another insurance company State Farm. These vehicles and a third party had to be insured with State Farm in the 2005-2007 period because the Nationwide Agent did not apply funds to insure same vehicles through Nationwide.

In addition when I the Durable Power of Attorney went to the Nationwide Agent on May 3, 2007 for my grandmother to file a copy of the DPOA papers, the agent and her son physically and verbally attacked me without provocation. The agent did not want to

jack carlson

Dec 17, 2009

yes i am have a very bad experiance with them right now low balling the value of my truck.so i am going to have to sue the party thathit me my truck was worth at least 3000.this ccc valuation co. is a big joke

×
You were reading a complaint about Nationwide Insurance.
Filing a new complaint about
×